Coro is seeking a dynamic, highly organized part-time Development and Communications Associate to provide support for our fundraising team. This position is part time with flexible hours, and ideal for undergraduate or graduate students looking for a paid opportunity to gain fundraising and communications experience at a vital New York City non-profit organization. To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
- Process all gifts and pledges in Salesforce, including copying, scanning and filing all checks and documents.
- Generate acknowledgments and receipts
- Assist staff and volunteers in planning and executing alumni and fundraising events, including registration, marketing, managing run-of-show, and maintaining an organizational events calendar.
- Other administrative support as needed.
Salesforce Database Administrator
- Update alumni and donor contact information in Salesforce
- Create customized reports and lists for program and development staff
- Troubleshoot Salesforce issues and train staff on Salesforce protocol as needed
- Maintain and regularly update email lists for communications (e-newsletters, appeals, event invites, and recruiting)
- Write and schedule social media posts, produce other content (photos, videos) for Facebook and Twitter.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond to changing priorities while adhering to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and sense of humor with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Creative, flexible, open-minded, and ready to learn new skills.
- Prior experience with data management software, such as Salesforce (preferred)
- Proficient with WordPress (preferred)
- Knowledge of design software a plus.
- Interest in nonprofit and public service sector
- Interest in leadership development, New York City politics and public affairs.